Monday, June 1, 2009

Ahhh, gay paree. We are here


Panic stations on Sue’s part. Time to leave the hotel in Lyon, organise a taxi, get to the station to catch the TGV. We had a morning expresso at the first Bistro when we arrived in Lyon and the same woman we met on our arrival was there. She and her husband own the bistro. When we arrived two days ago my elbow bleed over her table and she gave me a band aid. I returned with the same band aid attached to my elbow and said it would return to OZ with me. We all laughed. We exchanged email addresses and parted company. Our trip has been full of laughter and meeting noyce people.
Finally on the TGV to Paris and was bemused by a real life elderly Barbie Doll woman who decided to paint her finger nails (horrible smell) while reading gossip magazines. Yes I know, I’m a bitch….
Finally arrived at Gare de Lyon and started to recognise those old familiar sights from our previous three trips.
As I write this, I am sipping a coffee at our ground floor apartment with a relaxing courtyard garden. We were greeted by Vanessa, our neighbour. We are now settled and looking forward to our last week in France with excitement and a little sadness that we are drawing close to the end of our journey.

Our apartment is in the 11th Arrondisement, just up from Boulevard Voltaire on Place Leon Blum.
More news tomorrow - an early morning ride and then off to market, make contact with our friends Sophie and Leigh in Paris and meet our son, Andrew's girlfriend Ashley who arrives tomorrow.

Pics: 1 & 2 - Our apartment garden courtyard - very important for Aussies.
3 - Place Leon Blum